Thursday, September 02, 2004

Wotbox Rolls Out Eight Localized Search Engines

Search engine vendor Wotbox has launched eight new localized search engines and plans to introduce more soon. The new country-specific search sites are for Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, New Zealand, Spain, and the U.S. The sites allow users to search in their native language and to limit search results to the search site country.


I checked out this search engine and they have some good ideas. I like the flag that appears next to the result as well as the related searches on the right that give ideas of other search terms you can use. For instance I typed in global search engine and got suggestions for other search terms. I don't know why it gave me search engines twice though. Also there were 5 sponsored results on the top (perhaps too many). In addition 2 of those were the same company. Overall though good results and nice format. dt

eXTReMe Tracker